Friday, June 10, 2016

Year End Reflection and Summer Goal


My last goal was to work on my transitions to produce smoother results in when I would play my music with the clarinet. I think I made good progress in meeting this goal as I can play better and clearer and my transitions aren't as horrid as before. In the school year, we accomplished a lot that was great. At the start I could barely play my clarinet properly but now I'm pretty good at it. We managed to accomplish playing in actual unison earlier in the school year compared to now, which is a little surprising but it's one of the better things we have managed to do.

One challenge we faced during the school year was people talking in the middle of our performances and this was a problem that we faced for such a long time and never stopped which caused in us not being to play instruments anymore. One thing we could have done differently is actually shutting up for once so we could get some actual work done and still be able to play instruments today. As an individual, I don't know what else I could have done differently. During performances I was a pretty quiet person throughout and never made any major disruptions.

I'm not sure what kind of goal I could work on during the summer really..maybe I can try to discover and listen to many types of music, since I do like it a lot and want to further my musical knowledge sometime in the future, so that could be a goal that I will pursue during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment