Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May Goals and Reflection

It has been awhile since I have done anything with this blog, but now here it is..

-------------------------------

Last time in february, my goals were to produce clear sounds with a clarinet and continue trying to properly play eighth notes and since then, I have practiced a lot. State testing though, has set me back a little bit but it hasn't done too much harm in my opinion.

Since then, I figured out the reason why my clarinet wasn't making very good sounds, and that was because of my reed. It was pretty cracked due to some accidents that happened. It also took a lot of my breath and didn't allow me to play properly, it also stopped making sound during the middle of a performance.

Getting a new reed has helped me a ton and now it doesn't require much breath to play at all. Now I can produce clear sounds and the several new songs that we have been playing has helped me a ton with playing eighth notes. Now it doesn't take much at all for me to play them.

I feel that the new songs we are doing are pretty helpful. Some have hard parts in them, but that just helps us with getting better and also introduces us to new notes and vocabulary that helps the process of playing music easier than usual. I like how some sections of the songs have a nice sound or rhythm to them which makes me enjoy playing them instead of it being like a chore instead.

A new goal that I could possibly work on is smoother transitions and playing quickly. Playing quickly causes me to stumble, but it is necessary in some songs to keep a regular and fast tempo/BPM. I also think I need smoother transitions which will keep me from messing up. Playing slowly will also help me with the notes that I need to play which is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment