Monday, September 21, 2015

Research Two Wind Instruments

 For my next assignment, I was tasked to research two wind instruments I was interested from a list. We were given a choice from the Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, and Trombone. From the list, I found a deep interest in the flute and clarinet.

1.The Clarinet was the first one I found an interest in playing. The clarinet is apart of the Woodwind Instrument family, and produces sound by blowing into the reed. The clarinet, today, is usually made with silver or brass. Here is a picture of the clarinet.

Upon looking on the internet, I found the name of a professional clarinet player named Heinrich Baermann, who played romantic types of pieces, from what i have found on him from the internet. There aren't any videos of him playing directly, but people playing his compositions.
Adagio

Also, a picture of the composer himself.

 I like this instrument, mainly for the way it looks. I also enjoy the way a clarinet sounds, as you can produce various sounds. Even though it is somewhat hard to get used to, I'd love to play this.


2. The second one, and the one I like the most out of the two choices i was given is the flute. The flute is also a woodwind instrument. This instrument makes sound by blowing air across the top, in a very specific angle or it will not make any noise. Today, a flute is usually made of silver, or brass. Here is a picture of the flute itself.

A professional who plays the flute from what I have found on the internet, Sir James Galway, he plays many genres, such as show tunes, and pop and country. He's known to be basically one of, if the not greatest flute players of all time. Here is a video of him playing a song from the lord of the rings.

LOTR

Here's also a picture of James Galway himself.


I like this instrument, again, for the way it looks. I also love the flute because of how beautiful it can sound at times, and how it can play sad songs very well, with a nice tune to it. Out of the two, Flute or Clarinet, i like the Flute slightly more.

This was my assignment on researching my two wind instruments i would love to play for the future.

1 comment: